Here is the key to your Financial Toolbox

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Don’t Give Up Your Day Job

I know with this Post I am breaking the blogging rules but I do this with most of my posts on this blog anyway. There always seems so much to cover. This is why you see different topics in each post however I try to get back to each topic each week I post. Anyway I want to take the time to update everyone on jobs. The headlines everyday reminds me how many of us are still looking for a job. This week’s headline Don’t Give Up On Your Day Job is merely a head line not intended to upset or redirect anyone. I titled it just to get your attention but we will reference that topic a little later in this post.

I did see something on the news the other morning about people who have given up the job search. When people get out of the routine of working that routine of not working can be toxic to their job hunting initiative. If you are out of work you should at least try to work part time to re-stimulate a working routine. This will also help you in getting a new permanent job because a potential employer gets the impression that you want to do something to help yourself and they see that you are motivated by at the least having a part-time job. People who are just staying home give off the persona that they are willing to except anything where the motived person is willing to do what it takes to get ahead. Sometimes a step backward in your career can help you you take a step forward this expert had said. He proven it by saying when he got laid off as an economist he had taken a part-time job in retailing until he got a job as an economic analyst and commentator.

In other words do not Give Up Looking For A Day Job!

You will prevail! Many individuals have done it you can too, even in this bad economy. Those who want to work are working. Those who want a job are looking for one and will get one. Any less than that, well we all know the answer is to that statement.

For the job seekers we have added more websites where you can post post your Resume’ for free. Just go down the sidebar and look into those websites. Click on the banners and read the terms and conditions to see if the website is what you want to use. We offer more than one website per category to make it easy for you to find out what suits you. If you are comfortable post your resume’ on all those websites if they have a category with your job description. It can’t hurt you to get your name out to every resource you can. We also refer you to My Shopping Genie so you can continue your research using search engines if you cannot find something adequate for yourself in this blog or want to do more in finding a job. Everything in this blog is dedicated to helping you improve your life. My Shopping Genie will help with local searches listing local websites first. We also try to find quality sites and companies for you to work with and many of the websites have listed in this blog have high ratings with the Better Business Bureau.  

I know you are going to ask me why am I writing this blog and I am going to tell you why!

I am no stranger to financial problems. One financial problem I had was caused by a business that had to be liquidated because of my disability. The other was caused by my source of disability funding was cut off after ten years of receiving that income by an investigator’s error. Not only did I not have my disability benefits for fourteen months, a large portion of the benefits were taken to pay my lawyer’s fees to get me reinstated and receive my benefits again. None the less a large portion of my wife’s retirement was lost because of fines and penalties that were paid to the IRS from using those funds to survive during that time period. And finally I had to pay more income taxes this year because I was forced into a higher income bracket because I was paid two years of benefits in one tax year. This was not to mention using debt to pay debt to keep my wife’s retirement somewhat intact. So if you want to ask me if am sympathetic to those of you in need and it does not have to be anywhere related to what I went through, I still understand. I also understand your situation could be worse than mine. My wife and I have spent the last year cleaning up the aftermath of what happened to us two and a half years ago. It was two and a half years before we had gotten everything straightened out from when I was dropped from disability. This blog is a part result of the research I did and some other ideas I could use to help those of us in financial distress.

In this blog you will find many great ways / tools we can help you with. As I go on I will find more reading material and resources to coaching to help you. I do recommend you review Getting Set With A Budget our June 12, 2011 Post to see what we recommended. There is a lot of good information to help you if you are new to this blog and have not read that Post. Also take the time to understand What True Wealth Is our in last Post July 22, 2011. The Millionaire Next Door is a terrific read and the knowledge in that book will help you for years to come in your attitude toward financial planning and spending habits.

This Weeks Rant!

It is amazing how the incompetence of others impacts our lives. It seems we always have to stay aware and be diligent when it comes to all aspects of our lives. We all work hard to set up borders to guard ourselves but because either someone competitive wants to excel at the expense of our wellbeing or just the plain incompetence of others can so drastically impact our lives.  It only takes one person to misunderstand the information or the wrong press of a computer key. Never the less I want you to know as this blog goes on there will be the hope and understanding you are looking for in your research to a better financial future.

This Week’s Money Making Tip

This is where Don’t Give Up Your Day Job really takes meaning. I see so many people have high expectations of a direct marketing opportunity. When they end up disappointed they give direct marketing a bad name because the opportunity was not quite for them, they quit their regular job too soon, or they just plain quit before they got out of the gate. Most of what I am doing right now is direct marketing and I will not leave it a secret. If you look at direct marketing as a part-time job where you will eventually get ahead, you may be giving yourself the opportunity to become fully self-employed someday. This is the only way to look at a direct marketing opportunity. Get started, set goals, achieve them and go from there. You have to be determined if you are going to succeed.

For those of you who are unemployed this may be worth trying but from my experience it does take some time to develop a direct marketing business so I would only look at this opportunity as a part-time job. Try it out then go with your own feelings about increasing your income. You could have success but do not ruin it for yourself by raising the bar to high. Financially you may have allot on your plate already.

This also could be a great opportunity for a stay at home spouse or parent looking to develop something for yourself and do more to help out your household financially. This opportunity could be for someone like me who is disabled and wants to develop a new financial path in life. None the less in the last Post I introduced you to Customer Advantage. Customer Advantage is free to sign up for and get started with. I have sat in on their webinars and this could be a great place to start as a direct marketer and you can look in your city or town for prospects to advertise in customer advantage. It also is a great place to learn how to start a direct marketing business for free no matter what niche or path you decide to go. We will get into that with the next post.

Customer Advantage is still in the prelaunch stage and it will be easy for you to get started in your city or town and all you have to do is be willing to refer people and businesses to Customer Advantage. It is free to sign up with Customer Advantage, there are no hosting fees, and everyone you refer gets the same thing whether they want to make money with the referral program or not. For Free you can be one of the top distributors in your home town just by putting in some effort.

For this week sign up with Customer Advantage and save your e-mails to get into your back office. If you are familiar with a back office go ahead and explore the benefits and there is a page were you can listen to webinars done in the past get started and learn. It’s Free!!!

Before signing up take the time to choose a good or catchy name for your website. Your user name will be your web address name. Mine is FindingFinancialFreedom. My web-address for that site is  findingfinacialfreedom.thecustomeradvantage.com you may want something shorter or just use your own name to identify yourself as being a Customer Advantage Representative.

Here is some advice from the author of Rich Dad Poor Dad Robert Kiyosaki.



Take a look at the Customer Advantage by Clicking Here!

Please Contact me with any questions by e-mail @ blaine@findingfinancialfreedomblog.com or phone (484) 868-2588.

Please Note the Change in our e-mail address.

You will also be able to come to this blog with this address www.findingfinancialfreedomblog.com making it a little easier to remember.



No comments: